Sunday 25 August 2013

Everyday Makeup

I have never been blessed with nice, even, blemish free skin so ever since I began wearing makeup I have been using the works (full coverage foundation, concealer, etc.) As of lately, my skin has been co-operating with me, although it is nowhere near perfect. I still get blemishes every so often, but not nearly as bad as they had been. This has been my everyday makeup routine for the past few months and it has been working for me quite well.




Starting off with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in nude. I used to swear by the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation when my skin was really bad. I love the coverage of this tinted moisturizer because it gives just the right amount of coverage without looking too heavy. It evens out all of the redness in my face and makes my skin one base colour. http://www.sephora.com/tinted-moisturizer-oil-free-P310929?skuId=1152271




Next I use the Makeup forever full cover extra camouflage concealer in number 5. Because I use just a tinted moisturizer I like to use a heavier full coverage concealer to cover up any scarring, redness or blemishes I may have. This concealer is also creamy enough to use under my eyes, without it creasing. 
http://www.sephora.com/full-cover-concealer-P151107?skuId=1247204




This is the Rimmel Stay Matte transparent powder in 001. I like this because it doesn't add any more coverage since it is transparent, therefor it doesn't make my skin look cakey. This keeps my skin matte all day and doesn't let my makeup melt no matter how hot it is outside. 
http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/face/stay-matte-pressed-powder




This is one of my all time favourite bronzers. It is the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing face powder in 720A Sunny. It is a nice matte bronzer that looks very natural when you apply it. 
http://newyorkcolor.com/products/face/bronzer/smooth-skin-bronzing-face-powder




Blush for me changes with my mood. But I have found myself reaching for this blush quite a lot lately. This is Benefit's Coralista. It is, like the name says a nice coral pink blush. There are tiny specs of shimmer, but when it is on your cheeks those specks are barely noticeable- you won't look like a disco ball, I promise. 
http://www.sephora.com/coralista-P229206?skuId=1139658




Next step is eyebrows- which can totally complete or ruin your face. I use a stila eyeshadow in eve. Remember: eyebrows are sisters, not twins! I have struggled for years trying to get my brows to look identical and I have come to the conclusion, it is just never going to happen. I'm the kind of girl who likes a strong brow, I feel it just completes my face.
http://www.sephora.com/eye-shadow-trio-P379515?skuId=1538248




To set my brows I use the age old trick of a clear mascara. It work just as well as any brow setting gel you can pick up from Sephora and this one is a fraction of the price. This is by Maybelline and it is just their clear mascara. 



For my eyes, I find brown and black eyeliner to be too harsh. So instead I opt for this eyeshadow by MAC in Shale. It is a very pretty purple and it plays up the green in my eyes quite nicely. 
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/363/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl




For mascara I always wear multiple. My current favourites are Covergirl Lashblast (the purple tube!) and Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express. These two work wonders together and give me a false lash look. I am lucky to have long eye lashes to begin with but these two give me nice thick voluminous lashes. These are both in the blackest shades.


The two selfies are after about 10 hours of wear. You can't really tell but you get the gist of it. 


I hope you enjoyed my shares and got some ideas for new products to pick up. 

Xo, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment